Friday, July 15, 2011

Take Inventory of How you are Feeling

It’s important to know what your feelings and emotions are towards job searching in order to assure you are giving your best to your job search.  Checking in on your emotions is a great way to explore your happiness in any of life’s projects.  


Be sure to do a weekly check-in with yourself to make sure that you are on track.




Ask yourself the following questions and rate how you feel between 1 and 5


1.     Are my work skills adequate to find the type of employment I am looking for? 


2.     Do I have the right job search skills in order to job search effectively?


3.     Is my cover letter and resume getting me interviews?


4.     Have I sent out as many job applications as I could have this week?


5.     Do I have the right attitude to get out of the house and do some networking?


6.     Is my image generating results?


7.     Is my grooming presentable?


8.     How is my attitude about job searching and being employed?


9.     What was my self-confidence like this week?

Take note of how you’re feeling each week and reflect on what may be happening in your life on the weeks where you are not feeling that great.  Remember to journal about your job search in order to notice things that de-motivate you or lower your self-esteem.  Once you are more self-aware of how you are feeling and what makes you feel that way, you can make the proper adjustments (or work towards making those adjustments) and find the light at the end of the job search tunnel!!

~Sunny & Sassy

No comments:

Post a Comment