Monday, August 8, 2011

NOT GETTING JOB INTERVIEWS?

Then, it's time to step back and re-assess your job strategies.Ask yourself the following questions:

1.    Are my employment goals realistic?
2.    Am I tailoring my resume to reflect the employer's requirements?
3.    Am I applying to jobs that I am qualified for?
4.    Is my job search too narrow? Too broad?
5.    Do I need to brush up on my skills? If so what can I do to improve my skills?
6.    Am I limiting my job search? ie. online only
7.    Do I have an exceptional cover letter?
8.    Am I isolated in my job search?  Do I need to expand my job search network?
9.    Am I utilizing all my job search skills? Does my job search include a variety of strategies?
10.  Am I making time to take care of myself physically and emotionally?


Spend time reflecting on your answers to these questions and work on improving your job search plan.
Stepping back and re-assessing your plan will help you to see the light at the end of the job search tunnel!  

                                                                                                                                    -Sunny + Sassy

No comments:

Post a Comment